I wanted to write a detailed review on the LG 42″ Cinema 3D TV but after posting my first impression, I thought it would be better to summarize my whole experience based on a list of pros and cons, and provide links to more detailed explanations for those interested.
– Design is simple and attractive. LG 42″ Cinema 3D is a beautiful TV and an ultra-slim one. All buttons and ports are hidden from the front and it’s light-weighted.
– Picture and sound quality are great. You have the option to change the settings that suit you best but I think the default ones are more than good enough. Pictures are clearer and brighter with full HD 3D quality.
– Watching in 3D mode was much better than I thought it would be. I wasn’t a big fan of 3D technology specially in theaters but I saw 3 movies (Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Resident Evil, and Avatar) and it was great and flicker-free but tiring to the eyes. After all, 3D technology is not perfect, neither for Active nor Passive 3D. LG uses Passive 3D.
– Aside from the 3D picture quality and experience, It’s easier for everyone to enjoy 3D TV since LG comes with 6 pairs of passive 3D glasses, which don’t have any batteries and are inexpensive to replace.
– Dual Play is awesome! You can check why [Here].
– LG Smart TV features are easy to use and the remote control buttons are very helpful. LG apps and settings are very easy to navigate through. Wireless is also very easy to set up with the USB Dongle that comes along with the TV.
– Price-wise, it costs around 1000$ which is a great price for a SMART 3D TV with all these features.
– Browsing the internet is not very convenient using the remote. You can always plug in a keyboard but I don’t see why I would do that. I read the LG Magic Remote makes it easier to visit websites and use other SMART features but it wasn’t available for me to try. You have to buy it as it’s not part of the package.
– You have to sit at the same level as the screen to get the optimal 3D experience but that’s the case for all Passive 3D TVs not just LG.
Moving on to the part that interests you most, I will be giving away the TV as promised but the competition this time will be different and somehow challenging. For that purpose, I decided to use various social media tools, mainly Facebook and Twitter, to allow the biggest number of people to participate and win.
To take part in the competition:
1- You have to be a BlogBaladi fan by liking our page on Facebook. [BlogBaladi]
2- You have to guess the location of the 4 pictures I will be posting on [Facebook] and sharing on Twitter [@LeNajib] today. Pictures will be posted every 2 hours starting 9 am (Beirut time) and are all taken in Lebanon.
3- Once you have ALL answers, all you need to do is leave a comment on this post with your answers and a proper email address. You need to have at least 3 correct answers to enter the draw. Competition ends on December 23 at 10 am. I will pick a name randomly (Using random.org) and post the name of the winner at the end of the day.
NB: You need to put your proper email in the email field while commenting since winner will be contacted by email. You can only comment once, anyone caught commenting more than once will get disqualified.
NB2: I will be posting hints to help you with the pictures and updates on the competition, so make sure to follow me on twitter [@LeNajib]