Elisa Di Francisca of Italy defeated Lebanese Mona Shaito in the Round of 32 and advanced to win the Gold Medal.
Here’s an update on the Lebanese athletes competing at the Olympics:
– Katya Bachrouche (Swimming): Did not compete yet. Heats for the Women’s 800m FreeStyle scheduled for August 2.
– Ray Bassil (Shooting): Did not compete yet. Qualification Day 1 scheduled for August 4.
– Caren Chammas (Judo): Did not compete yet. Elimination Round of 32 scheduled for July 31.
– Ahmed Hazer (Athletics): Did not compete yet. Round1 of the Men’s 110m Hurdles scheduled for August 7.
– Wael Koubrosli (Swimming): Wael competed yesterday in the Men’s 100m Breaststroke heats and failed to make it through to the semi-finals. [Results]
– Tvin Moumjoghlian (Table Tennis): Lost in Round1 to Sarah Hanffou from Cameroon. [Results]
-Andrea Paoli (Taekwondo): Did not compete yet. Preliminary Round scheduled for August 9.
– Mona Shaito (Fencing): Mona won in the Round of 64 against Egyptian Shaimaa ElGammal (7-6) but then lost in the Round of 32 against Gold medal winner Italian Elisa Di Francisca. [Results]
– Zain Shaito (Fencing): Did not compete yet. Men’s Individual Foil Elimination Round of 64 scheduled for July 31.
– Gretta Taslakian (Athletics): Did not compete yet. Round1 of the Women’s 200m scheduled for August 6.
I will keep updating the post as soon as there are new results. Best of luck to all our athletes!