The Ministry of Public Health shared its first National Epidemiological Surveillance Program Bulletin on COVID-19 as of March 8th and it contains some insights on the spread of this virus in Lebanon.
– 32 cases were confirmed as of March 8 (they’re up to 41 as of March 9).
– 38% of the cases came from Iran, 3% from Egypt, 3% from the UK.
– Reasons of infections for 30 out of the 32 cases were travel related and contacts of confirmed cases.
– 69% of patients are Lebanese, 9% Syrians, 6% Iranians. There are 9% also labeled as others, I have no idea what that means.
– The majority of the patients are aged between 20 and 59.
You can check out the full report [here].