Every year, we have to wait until the last second to know when the Eid is, and which days we will be off, and this is not just about watching the moon, at least not in Lebanon.
Here we have to take into account several issues:
– Shiite Hassan Fadlallah’s office (Even after he died, his office still makes predictions).
– Other Shiite references who follow Iran and are close to Hezbollah.
– Dar el Fatwa (Sunnite) who supposebly follows KSA’s decision.
– Current Political circumstances: If Sunnites and Shiites are in love with one another, we get an extra day. If things look tense between the two teams, no extra day.
– Last but not least, if it happens that Christians got an extra day or a day less in one of their holidays during the year, the government needs to take it into consideration and adjust the Eid accordingly “in the sake of national unity”.
That’s why until this morning, we have no clue when the Eid starts and when it ends. Maybe we should hire Michel Hayek for this occasion and rely on him solely.
Nevertheless, Eid Mubarak to all our Muslim readers.
Whats the name of the other guy who comes on OTV. He has long hair i think and people call him and as soon as they say hello he reads their future. That guy is pretty awesome 😀
I am guessing you are referring to Mike Feghali, but i am not sure as i dont have OTV back home. Ma btol2at 3ande lol
Mike Feghali, that guy is either a genius that is laughing at people or a complete idot! but it’s fun to watch the people that call him and listen to his replies!
If he is a genius, he wouldn’t still be on OTV.
is he related to bassem feghali by any chance ? 😀
Maybe it is Bassem Feghali disguised!!
I think feghali is a fake as I run into him the other day in a mall n kept looking at him n saying in my mind “what an idiot u are” just to see if he could read my mind but he just looked at me n smiled thinking I recognized him as a star.
Anyway as Nagib stated if he were really genius he wouldn’t be on OTV 😉
hhahaha yeah so funny you can’t get any lamer, so classy to insult your muslim copatriots on their holiest day when you should be wishing them a happy eid in celebration of coexistence, people like you make lebanon move backwards
“Nevertheless, Eid Mubarak to all our Muslim readers.”
And go play those “you are insulting muslims” games elsewhere.
get over yourself. fadi is right. a post about eid is directly linked to comments about michel hayek and predictions! the eid is set on thursday or haven’t you been following the news?
Show me which LEBANESE official news stated thursday as being the first day. Oh and you & Fadi are everything but right.
Read Mustapha’s post on this issue on the Beirut Spring. Maybe you will understand mine then.
I am muslim and i don’t find anything offensive. Come on , stop acting like drama queens.
btw eid is on friday.
yea Haissam is right. UAE announced that today (Thursday) will be the 30th day of the Holy month of Ramadan & the Eid-al-Fitr will be observed on Friday, September 10.
Happy Eid For All xxx