I lost last year’s #FitB4Christmas to Techie Dad but I think we were both very happy with the final outcome. In fact, I’ve only gained back 2 kilos from the 4.5 I lost in the original challenge, but I’m still far from my ideal weight which is why I’m starting another #FitB4Christmas this year, one that I will most definitely win this time!
We tend to eat and drink a lot around Christmas and New Year, so now is a good time to lose few kilos and get back on the right track. We will need to lose at least 8 kilos by Christmas by following a healthier lifestyle rather than starving ourselves out.
What’s the challenge?
I’m introducing few changes to last year’s rules and adding a couple of new challenges:
– Walk/Jog on average 50,000 steps a week. It doesn’t matter if we’re doing 4000 steps on a week day and 12,000 steps on Saturday as long as we achieve the set goal by Sunday night.
– Complete four weeks of the one hundred push-ups program.
– Perform 3 sets of 15 of any upper body exercise you choose on a daily basis.
– Run/Walk 5K in less than 40 minutes.
– Go up an down the Gemmayze stairs 3 times.
– Climb 15 stairs daily.
What can we eat?
– No fried food or fast food are allowed.
– No soft or alcoholic drinks are allowed.
– No desserts or sweets are allowed.
– Cut down on carbs (No Manakish, Kaak, etc ..) and stick to multi-cereal bread.
– No meals are allowed after 9PM on week days. You can only have a salad and a bowl of bacon is not considered a salad 😛
You are allowed 1 cheat meal (including drinks and a dessert) every week.
Tracking our progress
We are both techies so we have all the gadgets needed to track down our weekly progress. To make sure no one’s cheating, each of us will have to post a weekly post and share his steps, the nbr of push-ups (there’s an app for the 100 push-ups so it’s easy) and how many kilos he lost.
What does the winner get?
Needless to say, we will both emerge as winners if we do commit to this program but still there has to be a winner and a loser. I have an extra motivation this year since I am Puma’s brand ambassador for the coming year and I have access to their awesome apparel and training gear.
We’re still not undecided on the prize for the winner. Jimmy tried to bribe me to stop the challenge but I refused so he will have to pay dearly when he loses 😛
The challenge starts today and ends on December 24.