Why isn’t Lara Fabian coming to Lebanon anymore?
Fabian performed at a concert in France in 2008 to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the state of Israel’s establishment in 1948, reportedly saying at the end of a song that she loved Israel. She has also performed in Israel on a number of occasions and attended pro-Zionist meetings. [Link]
What a blasphemy! An artist saying that she loves the country she is singing in! This has never happened before. I don’t know what’s wrong with those people at the Campaign to Boycott Supporters of Israel in Lebanon (CBSI). Who gives a damn about the political allegiances of an artist? She’s here to perform on Valentine, not buy Israel some rockets!
The funny thing about this group is that it’s inconsistent in its boycotts. Let’s take a look at the artists who performed in Lebanon this summer:
– Tom Jones [Interview with Israeli TV] [Tomes Jones tour in Israel]
– Armin Van Buuren [AVB concert in Israel- 2007] [AVB Concert in Israel – 2008]
– Shakira [Shakira in Israel] [Shakira Makes a Star Turn at an Israeli Conference]
– Inna [Inna in Tel Aviv]
– Scorpions [Concert in Israel planned on May 2012]
– 30 seconds to Mars [Concert in Israel in 2010]
I don’t think I need to continue listing all the artists that came to Lebanon and had performed in Israel before or visited Israel. This non-sense must stop and whomever is behind those campaigns must be sued for being an ignorant.