TMC Lebanon announced today the launch of its new Android & iOS* App that will help Lebanese drivers beat traffic jams and get a live feed from TMC’s cameras mainly inside Beirut and on the Dora – Nahr el Kalb highway.
Traffic Map will show Google Traffic map with tiny red cameras. Once you click on any of the cameras you will get the most recent shot from that specific location.
There are other options to explore on the app including:
– Traffic News.
– Reporting an issue: where you’re asked to take a picture, enter your full name, phone number and a small description then submit. Weirdly enough, it doesn’t ask you to tag a location and anyone can submit anything so this needs to get fixed.
– Mechanic Feed: which is very useful if you’re planning to go there and don’t want to get stuck for hours.
– Driving License Quiz: A quiz which doesn’t tell you which questions you got wrong or right.
– Fees: This section shows pending Mechanic & Parkmeter fees. There’s something wrong with that menu item as it’s adding up vehicles every time I look for one.
– Account: Where you can register.
It’s definitely a useful app especially for traffic but it needs some fine tuning. Also it’s about time they add the speed cameras’ location or at least speed limits on all roads to encourage drivers to slow down.
* iOS app is not working yet.