The trainer hit the dog with a sharp tool on his head to keep him away from the kid – via Annahar
A seven year old boy was killed yesterday after a dog attacked him in his family’s farm. The incident happened after the boy’s father was cleaning one of the kennels and somehow the dog, which looks like a Pitbull Terrier, grabbed the kid by his head and killed him instantly. Of course this is a terrible accident and I offer my condolences to the parents, but the kennel needs to be closed down if it’s training dogs for fights. I already asked a couple of people and they told me it’s a common practice to train dogs for illegal fights in the Bekaa and elsewhere.
A lot of people have a misconception that pit bulls are more violent than other dogs, but I think it all comes back to how the dog is treated. Any dog from any breed can be aggressive if he’s abused and trained to fight and any dog can be gentle if he’s treated humanely. Even if some argue that pit bulls are genetically different than other dogs, and pit bulls have a very strong bite when compared to other breeds, the owners should take the proper measures like using muzzles when they train a pit bull as a guard dog or for fighting. I think the police should investigate all kennels not just this one to put an end to these illegal fights and try to prevent future dog maulings.
In all cases, it’s a tragic incident that’s for sure but something needs to be done about some training camps and kennels because the process of raising and training fighting dogs is cruel and harmful to animals. Here’s one of many [videos] that shows how brutal this sport is.
PS: I just learned today that the movie “How To Train Your Dragon” is about dogs. I should watch it soon. Thanks Nadine!
I’m not belittling the life of the child in any way, but this is DEFINITELY NOT the dog’s fault!
Any dog is going to be aggressive if they’re raised to be aggressive. Don’t give your dogs up to bull s#!t trainers in Lebanon, and if you do PLEASE make sure you visit them regularly to see what kind of training is going on!
It’s the equivalent of bad parenting, and wondering why your child is a prick “t3allama min el jiran!”.
Any pet-owner’s first priority should be keeping both people and their pet safe.
That dog already looks like it has been abused before! The way it’s looking eyes, ears down, paw up! The trainer must of been a scum bag! He should be punished not this dog!
It’s a misconception that pit bulls have a stronger bite force than other breeds. Dobermans, German Shepherds and Rottweilers, to name a few well known breeds, have stronger bites. People need to lay off this breed… I have a an American pit bull terrier and used to have a malamute husky. The pit is miles ahead in obedience and friendliness. At the end of the day it all comes down to how you raise your dog.
It is not the pitbull that is dangerous it is the person who used the pitbul for dog fighting.That person is solely responsible for the child death.
Pit bulls are genetically selected dogs for their fierceness and muscular stature, thats not to say that it is the dog’s fault but people who have pitbulls as pets need to know the machine they have,if raised right it can be a very gentle puppy. it all depends on the owner in the end, if raised correctly can be a excellent pet to deal with children. but if left to untamed and mistreated stuff like this occur.
We should boycott dog fight in lebanon and stop all these mafias!!!! Its not the pitbull’s mistake!!!! Its the trainer ‘s mistake!!! End of subject!!!! Ptbulls are the most sweet adorable dogs on earth!!! We tried so many times to stop this bullshit in lebanon!!!! But no one is answering !!!! We should move and stop all these bullshit
It’s the father fault. The dog’s are not a creatures for fight…
Thank you for clearing this out. no breed is violent by nature, the father was training him to be a fight dog, this was a business for him. the father shot himself in the foot and hope this will be a lesson for good.
I heard that the owner which is the father didn’t feed the dogs for so long as a way to make them more aggressive and stronger. But I am not sure about that. Investigations must be done.
NOT TRUE. Yes, a badly trained dog can turn out to be aggressive.
But Pit Bulls are known to provoke even when well trained.
People shouldn’t be allowed to own wild animals, even if they happen to be dogs.
There’s only one PitBull I’d ever want to be close to . The one who sang a duet with J LO.
I can’t speak for everyone, but I’d rather sit in this guy’s kennel for an hour than listen to any of Pitbull’s albums.
I agree with everyone, it is definitely not the pit bull’s fault. Whether it’s stronger than other dogs makes no difference, any dog can rip a child’s head if they decide to do so. The point is they don’t, because dogs are peaceful creatures. But when you train a dog to fight another dog to the death, how is it going to make a difference between a dog he’s meant to fight and a child?
These practices shouldn’t exist, and if they decide to keep them going illegally, they have to deal with consequences like this. I’m sorry about the child, it’s a terrible loss, but it could have been avoided.
This is what we call karma ! It’s the revenge himself anything bad you do in live it turns against you. Unfortunately this is the fees that had to be paid because the owner of this farm is having an illegal treatment for animals as dog fights gambling place . Unfortunately from the way the cages are built in its very well known that it’s used for raising animals pitbulls or could be also other breeds to turn them into aggressive and use them to make money however this kind of human who are considered sicko people are criminals and enjoy making money from the pain of any other creatures . The kid didn’t deserve what happened . May his soul rest in peace. The father and the stupid workers should be punished.
@Marlene if this is Karma, what did the child do to deserve death? your opinion is kind of medieval, isn’t it?
back when they used to think that a human being is “possessed” or sick because his parents were sinful. please think before you speak.
This is as tragic as it is pathetic! One’s child killed by what these people CREATE. These people are monsters, they are brainless, dangerous and barbaric, and should be jailed for unintentional homicide. They should be SHUT DOWN and JAILED! We have enough crap already on this planet!
These beasts should be outlawed. It is already against the law to own/breed any pit bulls in several states in USA and provinces in Canada.
The animals are not bred to be lap dogs! jail the owner. May the innocent child RIP.
10 Misconceptions About Pit Bulls
1. All Pit Bulls Are Bad – Dogs do not have a conscience; they cannot be “bad.” Pit Bulls react to their world based on their breeding and training. You can’t breed a dog to fight other dogs for almost 200 years and expect those instincts to vanish.
2. All Pit Bulls Are Good – No dog is not innately “good.” They simply act as their instincts and owners tell them to. To try to sell the Pit Bull to the public as a fluffy bunny does a disservice to the public, to potential Pit Bull owners and to Pits themselves.
3. Pit Bulls Are Human Aggressive – Since Pits were bred to fight dogs in a ring, the owners had to make certain they would not turn on them when they went in to stop the fight. Imagine a dog, so riled up from fighting and very aggressive, who was able to then turn it off when his human appeared in the pit. When a Pit Bull attacks a person, there are always other factors involved, such as protection of food. Any dog may bite if provoked.
4. Pit Bulls Can Cause More Damage Than Other Dogs – Sorry, Pit Bull lovers but this is sometimes sadly true. Myths such as the locked jaw have been disproved but a Pit Bull’s traits make him naturally more driven. Consider these: tenacity (they often fought til death in rings), gameness, prey drive, a compact, strong, muscular body (pits can pull up to 7,000 pounds) and centuries of fighting instinct. But, there are too many factors involved in dog bites, such as the size of the animal and where the bite occurred, to make a blanket statement. In their favor, a Pit Bull will likely listen and obey better than other dogs if properly trained.
5. An Aggressive Pit Bull Cannot Be Rehabilitated – This was disproved by the Michael Vick case where some 50 pit bulls were rescued from a fighting ring. Of those, 49 dogs were rehabilitated. Some went to shelters such as Best Friends and many are well-loved family members today. The testing used to determine these dogs’ ability to fit into society was exhaustive and excellent and successful.
6. Anyone Can Own a Pit Bull – Pit Bulls are different from other dogs and their owners need to be told the facts before rescuing or purchasing one. A dog lover who has had Bichons all her life will be sorely surprised unless she does her homework and understands the bully breeds. Pits need a lot of structure, a very pronounced human alpha, training, exercise and lots of attention. The owner needs consistency, time, energy and maybe some muscle.
7. Pit Bulls Will Always Fight Other Dogs – Some Pits are so dog aggressive that they should be the only dog in the house. They also should not go to dog parks or areas where dogs run off-leash. Any Pit Bull could get into a fight with another dog. Any dog could. But breaking up a Pit Bull fight is much harder than a tiff between a Shiba Inu and a Sharpei Inu. If you have a Pit Bull, learn about his body language and the signs that he is getting ready to fight. This will prevent many incidents.
8. Pit Bulls Are Lovers Not Fighters – Since it’s been established that they can be fighters, what about lovers? Absolutely! Pit Bulls give more kisses than any other type of dog (it’s proven!). They love humans and human interactions. They feed off positive attention. These dogs are loving, friendly creatures. And they are the kings of clowning.
9. Pit Bulls Are Badly Behaved – Any dog who has this much energy and motivation coded into his DNA can cause problems if he doesn’t get enough attention and exercise. Pit Bulls put their whole hearts into destruction – of couches, beds, pillows, or your $200 boots. But all they need is to have that energy redirected. Pit Bulls are highly trainable but they do need to be trained. Their intelligence, focus, gameness, loyalty and desire to please makes them one of the most teachable dogs.
10. Compromise is Unthinkable – Unfortunately, both sides of the Pit Bull debate are often stubborn about their views and solutions. For those who think BSL is wrong, they need to be realistic about how to end it. For those that think Pit Bulls are dangerous, they need to recognize that banning Pits tears loved pets away from their families and what they propose will not stop all dangerous dogs. Giving in a bit on both sides, such as allowing muzzling of Pit Bulls in public places in exchange for no BSL, may prove the only hope.
Pitbulls are like other dogs yet they’re also unique. Their gameness, focus, desire to please and boundless energy can be seen as either productive or unproductive traits. The trick is to utilize these characteristics in focused play and work, such as agility, weight pulling, rescue work or nose work.
shame on all of u treko hal sabe ymout bi salem w haje ya e3lemiyin ya kbar tchahro w tehko ossas kezeb ma bta3erfo chi w
Kell wahad bi alif khabriye men mel 3eb 3laykoun ba2a rah ebena w
Ento nezlin te2lif khbar 3leh!!!!
3am you2lo hayk kermel tetsakkar hal mazra3a w ma ten3ad hay l ossa
In Lebanon unfortunately canine etiquette is practically nonexistent in our society. If someone sees a dog on the street the first question they ask is does he bite? Of course he bites he’s a dog and this is the only way this creature knows how to defend itself, all dogs instinctively bite!
When it comes to children I think that since children are not capable of weighing the consequences of their actions, they should not be allowed by their parents and by dog owners to approach strange dogs. Just like humans do not like to be approached by strangers and patted on the heads or on the back, so do dogs. The difference is that Dogs make it very clear when they are unhappy and show clear signs of discomfort before actually attacking. If the human is not capable of reading the signs of warning, being the more advanced species, then I blame humans and not dogs. In order to avoid such accidents awareness on this subject should be implemented in schools and in the media.
Shame on you people.. Blaming the father? What father would want this to happen? And the doy may be treated badly .. But pointing fingers won’t make the innocent kid return.. The family has suffered enough so stop the hate and respect people’s privacy. My warm condolences go out to his family and beloved ones
Karma.. may the kid rest in peace.. the owner tourtured the dogs what do u expect ppl have mercy.. no more comment
I totally agree! The only monsters are humans!
Just check this website before commenting- http://www.dogsbite.org
If the father was training dogs for dog fights, this is called KARMA.