I was driving from Jounieh to Beirut on Sunday morning when I was passed by a BMW M3 (2009 or 2010 model), a Golf GTI (2010 model), a Volkswagen Scirocco and a white Porsche GT3. A Picanto was funnily trying to cope with them and almost crashed into another car. I was doing 100 kph so you can imagine how fast they were going.
All four cars were racing down the highway doing some crazy maneuvers all the way until they got to Beirut. I accidentally saw one of them parked near Annahar when I had gotten there some 10 minutes later.
Having said that, I ask again:
– Which is more dangerous? a car driving 50 on a 30 kph road or four cars doing some Need for Speed tricks on the highway?
– How is it possible that there’s not one single police officer all the way from Jounieh to Beirut to stop them?
– Are those speeding radars so well hidden they can’t spot cars anymore?
Having said that, I answer:
– If you are doing need for speed tricks you are probably a good driver
– Is a Harley as fast as an M3?
– How do you know they didn’t spot them?
By the way, how did you now they did that all the way to Beirut? Did you join the race?
– being a good driver does not mean you can speed on highways.
– chou khass el harley?
– read my post again.
najib .. i gotta appologise to u cz once i enthusiastically defended minister baroud and the radars claiming that they are in fact really working…
2 months after the famous radar trick i admit that u were right these so called radars are good for nothing. people who abide by the law are being harassed and horned at “for driving only 100kmh” while some other lebanese who think they are in a hurry more than every1 else drive more than 150 without any punishment
I once got a ticket in DT for driving at 62km/h. The policeman was waiting for me at the end of the highway, claiming that the sign read 50. As I was on my way home, three cars were madly driving at 150/h (at least). Was someone waiting for them at the end of the road ? No 😀
Oh by the way, radars are only integrated within the police cars. They don’t exist on the highways 🙂 How come I never got any ? 😀