I passed by Samsung a week ago and picked up the new Samsung Galaxy Note3 in order to test it out. I’ve been anxiously waiting for that phone to come out as I’m using the Samsung S4 at the moment and even though it is a great phone with an amazing camera, battery life is not that good and the phone has some software issues.
The Note3 is not curved like the Note2 and looks like a bigger S4. It’s an impressive phone that boosts a huge screen (5.7 inches) screen, a 13 megapixels camera (No Night mode though), a quad core processor with 3GB RAM, and is
4G and NFC-enabled. The Note3 battery life is better than its precedents and could last you an entire day easily.
I will not bore you with further technical details so here are some of the pros and cons and my final verdict on the Note3:
– Gorgeous full-HD screen and impressive display (Super AMOLED).
– Thin and light phone despite its size (168 g).
– Very Fast (Quad core, 2300 MHz, 3GB).
– Amazing battery life (3,200 mAh battery).
– Great camera (13 megapixels, F2.2 aperture size and Digital image stabilization)
– New faux-leather rear is a turnoff.
– A lot of useless features making it complicated to use (just like the S4).
– Too Expensive (880$).
– The Note3 I got is powered by an Exynos processor, not the better performing Snapdragon processor.
All in all, The Note3 is still the phablet to beat but I think it’s way too overpriced at almost 900$. I’d rather wait till its price drops and they get the Snapdragon 800 powered processor.